Run Ranger, a pace calculator and running training app for Windows Phone, is now live on the Windows Phone app store, available in several languages, with more coming soon.
- (Newest!) Custom splits page!
Pace / Time calculator
- Find pace by time or time by pace.
- Switch between modes with a simple tap on the colored “by” button.
- Just enter a distance and a valid time (or pace) and hit the calculate button at the bottom.
Metric and Imperial entry and output.
- Switch units by simply tapping the colored units button or output units button. If you have already entered data, the output is immediately recalculated
- Input and output are independent of each other. You can input a distance in miles or km and get your output in min/mile or min/km.
- View likely finishing times for other distances based on the time/pace entered in the pace calculator.
- Metric or Imperial output is set by the output used in the pace calculator.
- View the proper training paces for the time/pace entered in the pace calculator.
- Run Ranger runs the numbers to give you the proper times and paces for base training as well as lactate threshold and VO2 max speedwork, plus sprints.
- Click the calendar icon on the training tiles to easily schedule a custom workout, at your correct training paces. Save it to your phone’s default calendar or send it as an invitation to others using the standard calendar event dialogues.
- Perform pane
- Clicking the little runner icon on any tile or swiping right from the PaceCalc pane will load the respective distance/time combination into the Perform pane.
- Select trail surface, temperature, climb, descent, altitude and more in order to get a good estimate of your modified pace for that course.
- Click the “adjust for” text above to toggle to “normalize from” if you want to get a normalized result from a hilly course, a hot day, or a high-altitude event.
- Splits page
- Clicking the small track button on any tile, or on the main PaceCalc pane, sends the respective distance/time combination to the Splits page.
- The default split uses 1 mile or 1 km splits for the course you’ve input.
- Choose a different split unit and split distance to get custom splits!
- Click the colored unit text to toggle the split unit between the native split unit and the one you’ve chosen. (The distance remains the same.)
Remove Ads If you like the app and want to get rid of the ads, simply hit the menu (…) and perform a quick, in-app purchase.
- Too late! I removed the ads for you, for free!